- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Manager – Performance and Cost Management Analytics
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager – Performance and Cost Management AnalyticsAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Awareness and understanding of both SCB Group and Europe & Americas Regional business strategies.
- Communicate business performance to key stakeholders in alignment with regional strategy.
- Create materials for Europe and Americas monthly business reviews for Regional CEO to present to Group CEO and Group CFO
- Create materials for Europe and Americas Regional Management Team (MT) meeting
- Understand cost data and key drivers of business performance for the region
- Identify and articulate the key cost messaging to support Management Business Review discussions
- Ensure the timely & accurate delivery of all core cost reporting, including month end flash, commentary, outlooks and business efficiency tracking
- Work with Europe and US business finance teams to build storylines around trends and drivers, in line with regional and business strategy
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills, while analysing drivers and investigating movements in the cost process.
- Manage forecasts across the region and drive adherence to corporate plan.
- Own the delivery of Regionally Managed cost information and transparency.
- Track costs to regional scorecard and provide Europe MT members with MI to deliver costs at target.
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Specify requirements and review output for the GFS business partner teams supporting Performance Management.
- Ability to interpret financial information, identify key issues based upon this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework under which the UK and the Group operates.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Key stakeholders mainly comprise the Europe and Americas CEO and CFO. The job holder is responsible for providing these key stakeholders with the information and analysis required for them to discharge their responsibilities.
- Other key stakeholders are Europe & Americas Functional Heads (Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit, Finance, Operations, Technology, COO, HR, Corporate Affairs & Brand & marketing).
- The role requires close collaboration with Finance peers including Group FP&A and Business Finance.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA) desirable.
- Significant subject matter understanding and experience of cost analytics & reporting.
- Excellent senior stakeholder engagement and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; a strong self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity; an ability to think both strategically and analytically and apply these skills into meaningful outcomes.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while delivering quality output to senior management.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.