- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Manager- Relationship Management – Global Intermediaries
Location: London, England, United KingdomRole / Responsibilities:
A relationship support role for the team responsible for building long term relationship with key global intermediaries initially in both the US and European regions . The person will participate in the maintenance of comprehensive data sets relative to key global investment banks and financial sponsors (key personnel in DCM, syndication desk, transaction reports, analysis of portfolio and strategic positioning of private equity). The person will be responsible for collecting and maintaining those strategic data and information in internal systems. The person will be involved in the planning and preparing of outreach plans and value proposition deliverables for key constituents. The role involves exposure to those constituents (phone and meetings - Europe mostly) . The candidate will work some autonomy under supervision by the Head of Relationship - Global Intermediaries.
- Support the AMD - head of Relationship in the design and implementation of the global strategic and tactical plan. This includes elements such as :
- Data mine various sources of information to generate a mapping of key personnel within selected Investment banks and financial sponsors (30+ institutions).
- Design transaction reports at entity level
- Establish portfolio analysis and strategic positioning for relevant financial sponsors
- Seek relevant information used to develop detailed SWOT analysis per entity, analysis of potential opportunities to generate incremental revenues, gain new customers and strengthen Moody's market coverage
- Support the sales and marketing activity generated by the RM -Global intermediaries team once in execution phase. Those includes elements such as :
- Maintain up to date information/report and surveillance on key personnel changes as well as significant trends within those constituents which could lead
- .Prepare tailored made value proposition deliverables to be used by members of the team directly to key constituents in strategic investment banks and financial sponsors
- Collect market intelligence to share with broader groups within MIS (Commercial, Analytical franchises, Senior Management)
- Coordinate with a wide range of internal stakeholders the execution of the dedicated outreach plans
- Participate to some regular meetings when relevant (plan, prepare and participate as well as follow-up)
- Work in close cooperation with the RM - regional team responsible for maximizing revenue generation in the territory and managing the day to day business development and account management operations with both intermediaries and end-customers (issuers)
- Provide assistance and client service support to intermediaries
- Participate in the preparation of ad-hoc business report for senior management
- Project manage external and internal events and tasks requiring multi-stakeholder coordination with various degrees of seniority
- In-depth understanding of a range of fixed income instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets globally.
- Able to identify from market and deal newswires sources relevant information to be used for outreach plan and communication those internally in a concise written way
- Strong communication skills. Effective at communicating with all levels internally or at customer meetings in-person and by teleconference independently and with minimal oversight
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody's value proposition, convincingly and unscripted
- Ability to have a detailed understanding of commercial contractual considerations and Moody's pricing philosophy
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills.
- Track record of autonomous independent working, as part of a relationship management/sales team
- Strong MS office (Excel and Powerpoint) skills
The primary function of the Relationship Management (RM) department is the establishment, maintenance and management of rating relationships. Within the RM department, the Global Intermediaries function focuses on delivering tailored value propositions directly to key global intermediaries (investment banks and financial sponsors) and work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to coordinate and execute necessary outreach. The team is looking at long term relationship building and not managing day-to-day transactions with those constituents - those remain the function of the regional US RM team
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Direct Sales and Marketing experience with customers in the financial services industry is required
- Relevant years of experience in DCM is highly desirable.
- Language skills - English and at least one other language desirable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.