London based financial services company are looking to add to their finance team. Our client provide a range of services from business advisory, corporate finance as well as corporate recovery and tax.
To be a key part of the Management Accounting team, taking full ownership of the end-to-end process of revenue booking, reconciliation, analysis and reporting. This includes the full production of management accounting information from a revenue perspective as well as driving forward the revenue forecasts and budget and fundamentally understanding any variances. Above all, to be the central point of contact for all things revenue related.
- Utilise platforms/systems to reconcile and prepare month-end journals before uploading to NetSuite with the appropriate documentation
- Develop a consolidated ‘one view’ revenue reconciliation for sign-off at month-end and to be confident to present and explain the numbers to senior members of the finance team
- Assist the Finance Business Partners of the respective divisions by helping them understand the performance for their areas and proactively informing them of key drivers behind variances
- Fundamental understanding of the revenue streams within the group and effectively understanding ‘how we make money’. This will include the need to liaise with the Operations teams and colleagues across Finance
- Produce and develop further the performance slides used in the CFO pack
- Present the month-end results/variance analysis with full explanations/workings to the Head of Management Accounting before wider distribution to the team
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercises. Vitally important in understanding variances between actuals and budget/forecast at month-end
- Assist with building and maintaining financial models in TM1 to aid analysis and reporting, allowing greater flexibility to cut and dice the data as requested in as efficient a manner as possible
- Be the SME for the various revenue streams across the business and the respective systems/platforms that are utilised each month
- Challenge outdated and convoluted revenue processes and recommend and implement process improvements. An environment of continual improvement is vital
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations related to revenue bookings, ensuring all outstanding items are cleared and corrective actions undertaken. To also perform system reconciliations to GL, ensuring no breaks