Due to business expansion, they have a newly created role for a qualified accountant or nearly qualified accountant working within a professional and friendly finance team, currently 15. The role is a wide ranging group management accounting role.
£50000 - £60000 (dependent on experience) + Bonus + Benefits
They are a fast expanding, ambitious leading private equity, alternatives investment advisory, and consultancy firm operating in UK, Europe and the USA. The company has invested heavily in data, technology and analytics serving institutional investors and alternative assets fund managers, based primarily in UK, Europe and North America. Due to business expansion, they have a newly created role for a qualified accountant or nearly qualified accountant working within a professional and friendly finance team, currently 15. Excellent career opportunities exist for the right person.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant or nearly qualified from any industry background;
- Good understanding of how accounts are prepared and necessary monthly postings;
- Experience of preparation of management accounts;
- Good academic background;
- Advanced Excel;
- Strong technical knowledge with IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with keen attention to detail;
- Positive and flexible approach, able to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines;
- Forms and maintains with internal and external stakeholders.
The role reports to the Financial Controller and you will join a team of 3 within management accounts. The role focuses on the preparation of monthly management accounts and analysis. It will suit someone who is keen to use their management accounting skills as well as analytical capability. You will be responsible for your own portfolio of companies within the group.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Preparation of the month end management packs for divisional heads including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Assist with the preparation of the group wide management pack
- Analytical review of variance to prior year and budget
- Adherence to month end timetable
- Participate in the month end close process
- Posting journals
- Revenue recognition
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany management charge calculation and balance reconciliation
- Adherence with month end timetable
- Reporting results with business unit heads each month
- Assisting with the new accounting system workday to ensure reporting to business unit heads are bespoke and as automated as possible
- Half year and Year end
- Assist with the half year and year-end financial close
- Assist with the annual year end external audit
- Adherence to year end reporting timetable
- Other ad-hoc tasks from time to time