My client, a tier One Investment Bank and Brokerage located in London are looking for a Management Account to join their growing function. The successful candidate will play a major part I the management accounting responsibilities for a brand new entity. This will include preparation and review of financials of this high profile global entity and working with the business reporting and FP&A team. This is a permanent opportunity, located in Canary wharf and can pay between £60-£75k.
Working with teams across the finance function covering all profit & loss and balance sheet line items to ensure the accuracy of the division’s financials.
- Partnering with business managers and senior management to ensure all parties have a full understanding of the financials, performance and future projections of each business within the division.
- Preparation of five-year budgets and forecasts for all businesses within the division, working with business management to accurately reflect their business plans, future investments and revenue growth expectations.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for each business within the entity and presentation to business management, with commentary on performance vs comparatives, budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting of the division’s performance vs comparatives, budgets and forecasts to Executive management.
- Assist in the preparation of the division’s results for disclosure within the group's quarterly earnings and financial filings with the SEC.
- Key focus on staff compensation costs, along with non-comp expenses to full understand the cost base of the various businesses and provide detailed run rate analysis to business and senior management.
Key Skills & responsibilities:
- Part Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW.
- Ideally 3-5 years minimum Management Accounting experience
- Must have a keen eye-for-detail to ensure accuracy and integrity of reporting.
- Strong MS Excel skills and good all-round IT abilities.
- Experience of working with Essbase, Hyperion, Oracle Financials and Oracle Planning or similar software
- Able to analyse performance and make recommendations to Business Managers
- Ability to self-manage conflicting workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of numeric and oral communication skills and able to deal with queries from management.
- Experience in Financial Services or similar fast moving environment