- £50,000 - 60,000 GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
Tradition is the interdealer broking arm of Compagnie Financière Tradition and one of the world's largest interdealer brokers in over-the-counter financial and commodity related products. CFT is represented in over 28 countries, employing over 2,500 people.
Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Management Accountant/Legal Entity Controller to be based within the London office.
Main responsibilities within the Management Accountant/Legal Entity Controller position include:
Month end reporting:
- Carrying out all month end accounting postings in an efficient and accurate manner following a set timetable, including preparation of support cost entries, revenue share accruals, PSA / P11D accruals and processing of intercompany debit notes;
- Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied on both BAU and ad hoc matters;
- Analysing month on month and YTD variances and providing clear, accurate and meaningful commentary for key variances;
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations to good standard with appropriate back up support and commentary on key movements;
- Calculating current and deferred tax provisions;
- Preparing month end reporting packages for Group Finance;
- Addressing queries from London Management and from Group Finance;
- Liaising with overseas offices and ensuring all inter-company balances are agreed and any disputes resolved.
Half year and year end reporting:
- Preparing HY and YE working papers for external auditors;
- Addressing and resolving audit queries;
- Preparing IFRS statutory workbooks at YE;
- Developing a good understanding of the business and its products;
- Building a strong working rapport with the desk heads and acting as a first port of call for front office queries;
- Communicating with desk heads on a regular basis and taking them through their desks results on a monthly basis;
- Liaising with joint venture partners and preparing monthly consolidated results.
- Preparing and maintaining process notes and legal entity standing files;
- Maintaining and complying with internal controls and processes;
- Assisting with the implementation of system and process changes;
- Participating in small scale finance projects.
- Any other reasonable duties
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant
- Big four audit firm training desirable
- Financial services experience preferable
- Proficient systems knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially excel
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and embrace change
- Proven ability to solve complex issues and reconcile differences
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail but aware of the big picture
- Good organisational skills and time keeping
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Ability to take ownership of ad hoc tasks or small projects from start to completion and deliver conclusive results.