See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients’ investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
We are seeking a Turkish-speaking Economist to join the CEEMEA Economics team at the Vice President level, based in London.
The ideal candidate is a highly talented individual who combines strong analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to present ideas to internal and external clients. Applicants would expect to work closely with the CEEMEA team on the regional product, produce independent notes on topical issues, and should be able to collaborate on research with other economists and a range of market strategists and sector analysts. They will need to be proactive and able to think on their feet. At the same time they will need to work diligently, stay focused and be resourceful and enthusiastic. In addition, applicants must be able to work on their own initiative, be capable of producing views on the economy, solving problems independently and of questioning conventional wisdom.
The economist in this position will be responsible for a producing a set of macroeconomic forecasts on Turkey economy, exploring macro themes and building econometric models. The role will also involve writing briefing notes, speaking to clients across fixed income and equities and presenting at internal and external meetings. The knowledge of Saudi Arabia and Egypt economies would be an asset.
• analysing and commenting on economic data releases and policy events
• building and maintaining macro databases and econometric models
• putting together presentations and handling client requests
• undertaking research for medium-term projects
• producing reports and model forecasts
• communicating views to internal and external clients Qualifications:
• Degree in Economics or a similar field of quantitative study
• Fluency in Turkish is mandatory
• Strong background in macroeconomics. Comprehensive knowledge of Turkish economy is mandatory. Additional knowledge of Saudi Arabia and Egypt economies would be an asset, but it’s not required
• Practical experience in time series analysis and proficiency in using econometric packages
• Excellent IT skills related to data manipulation, spreadsheet modelling and automation
• Ability to communicate clearly in verbal presentations
• Advanced business writing skills to produce concise and articulate reports in English
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 18/04/2020.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.