Machine Learning Data Scientist – Quant Research team– London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Octavius Finance
- 16 Apr 19
A leading Investment bank is looking to add an experienced data scientist to their team. You will see your work leveraged across multiple channels, including: adding insight to research reports written by other analysts, and; developing systematic trading strategies for investment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generate investment-related ideas through sourcing and researching large novel datasets such as transactional data, telecommunication data, satellite data, mobile apps data, and more.
- Developing rules for the extraction of data and the creation of machine-driven content using various proprietary and third-party scripting and natural language processing languages.
- Implement data science models to generate investment signals for Equities Fundamental and Quantitative Investment Teams.
- Identify insights and trends through researching textual content such as emails, news articles, company financial reports and job descriptions using Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Machine Learning.
- Enhance key business processes through researching and implementing data science models.
- Research quantitative topics for The Quantitative research Group
In order to apply you should have:
- A background in Machine Learning
- Good database knowledge post GIS/Mongo GB
- Technical/hands on data science skills
- A PhD, or Masters with equivalent work experience, with a solid background in machine learning, statistical analytical techniques, quantitative social science research or experimental physical science.
- Experience developing statistical and predictive models using software including Python and R as well as working knowledge of C/C++/Java.
- Experience processing data at scale using SQL and NoSQL database systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded and innovative teams in the Market.
The team is not only growing but also investing heavily into this area of data analytics.
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org