Description Position at WorldFirst
The Platform team at WorldFirst are responsible for the quality and availability of WorldFirst's Back Office system - the business's most critical application.
Your main responsibilities will be looking after the day to day operation, improvement, refactoring and upgrading of the MySQL database powering this application. You will work closely with the Software Engineers on your team and other Software Development teams, Product Managers and Architects to identify the risks and help choose solutions to evolve from a monolithic application and shared database to a more modern service based infrastructure and architecture, always keeping business value in mind and sight. You will:
What you need to know:
- Probably be from a Techops/Devops background.
- Take ownership of our MySQL database infrastructure
- Support multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
- Recommend and implement database solutions to support data integrity efforts alongside developing data access tools and techniques.
- Monitor transactions between application systems and the database identifying and improving inefficiencies in SQL queries
- Look to the future.... Make recommendations for the enhancement of the DB estate.
- Want to expand your horizons.
What we offer:
- Experience with MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master
- Understanding of AWS RDS
- Ability to work cooperatively within a software development team
- Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
- Experience in Linux environment with understanding of the operating system.
- Linux shell scripting, python, knowledge of Git
- Advanced knowledge and experience in physical/logical database design.
- Strong Install, configure, patching, and upgrading MySQL databases using configuration management and provisioning tools
- Support operations for both development and production databases.
- Experience and success in automating administrative tasks
- Strong understanding of hardware performance, memory and I/O
- Advanced knowledge and experience in database security management
- A competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover
- 25 days holiday
- Perks, including; free breakfast & fruit, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, bi-annual company parties
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversions around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.
Who we are:
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world's best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant's vision of "bringing the world equal opportunities". Becoming an Ant Group company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.