- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Prudential plc
M&G Prudential: Head of Credit and Rating Agency Relations
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 18 Mar 19
M&G Prudential: Head of Credit and Rating Agency RelationsWorking with M&G Prudential as the Head of Credit and Rating Agency Relations means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
In the context of the demerger of M&G Prudential from Prudential plc and subsequent listing on the London stock exchange, M&GP is building an investor relations team. As a public company, the de-merged M&G Prudential will be separately rated by Rating Agencies, and have a significant amount of public debt in issue. This will necessitate having a member of the IR team to lead the relationship with Rating Agencies, and perform the investor relations role with respect to credit analysts and investors.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Manage relationship with Ratings Agencies, e.g. responding to requests, aligning rating agencies on key events, working with Treasury to ensure coordination with rating agencies on debt issuances, managing contracts and fees.
- Leading the co-ordination / design / preparation of materials for annual management meetings with rating agencies, liaising with key finance function and other personnel as appropriate, and ensuring consistency of message with wider market communication
- Leading on any specialist Input required into other public IR materials as appropriate, e.g. results presentations, Investor Days, etc.
- Providing input and guidance to the Director of IR in preparation and execution of credit investor engagement plan
- The senior point of contact for incoming information requests and questions from credit/debt analysts and investors
- Overseeing the monitoring of relevant debtholder information, e.g. debtholder identification, monitoring of listed debt security performance, etc., etc.
- Be the key reference point for ESG investors and analysts, and taking the lead to ensure we have appropriate investor materials on the relevant topics
- Detailed knowledge of UK financial services industry, preferably in both Life Insurance and Asset Management.
- Significant ability to confidently discuss strategic, technical and complex issues around the industry.
- Significant knowledge of the functioning and nature of credit markets, the role of rating agencies, and understanding of rating agency methodologies & practices
- Significant financial literacy and analytical capability for working with analysts and rating agency models, and interpreting financial statements
- Significant experience extracting, evaluating and presenting information across the business and to a range of stakeholders and varying levels
- Significant experience of engaging and influencing management at the most senior levels
- Highly proficient skills with Microsoft Office applications, and ideally financial market platforms (e.g. Bloomberg, EIKON or similar)
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently, professionally and with ability to think on feet e.g. when faced with difficult questions in external meetings.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to build strong relationships, internally (at all levels of seniority) and externally
- Highly numerate
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Hannah Macmillan
Closing Date: 24 March 2019