Our client, a leading US Bank with global coverage is seeking to hire an M&A lawyer to join them on a permanent basis based in London. The role will be responsible for providing legal support regarding the organisation’s M&A transactions, internal reorganisations and other strategic initiatives.
M&A Legal Counsel
Our client, a leading US Bank with global coverage is seeking to hire an M&A lawyer to join them on a permanent basis based in London. The role will be responsible for providing legal support regarding the organisation’s M&A transactions, internal reorganisations and other strategic initiatives. They are able to offer around £100,000 plus a competitive benefits package and bonus.
They are looking for a mid qualified corporate transactional lawyer to:
- Provide hands on legal support on acquisitions, disposals, legal entity reorganisations and strategic initiatives, including assisting with the initial structuring of transactions, assisting the business with the preparation of term sheets and steps plans, assisting with the drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements, providing transactional legal advice, project support and direction, including by identifying potential impediments to project completion and the identification and implementation of mitigating actions, collaborating with relevant stakeholders and assisting with the coordination of other workstreams throughout the project.
- Work closely with legal colleagues in other jurisdictions (including the M&A Legal team in New York) as well as in other practice areas.
- Keep abreast of legal developments that impact M&A and corporate transactions and attaining an understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting the organisation’s businesses, in particular its legal entity structure.
- Qualified lawyer with around 4-5 years PQE
- Experienced on advising on corporate transactional practice
- Ideally in house experience within financial services
- Strong academic background.
- Good working knowledge of another European language desirable but not essential.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and client-service skills.