Working within the Financial Services team, you will have the opportunity to provide financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring), capital-raising projects and debt financing mandates to financial institutions. Working directly for a Vice President on a project by project basis to support Directors and Managing Directors in the Investment Banking Team in the origination and execution of corporate advisory transactions. This role will also provide support and guidance to Analysts and Interns.
- Undertaking valuations of businesses using a variety of methodologies, including relative valuation techniques, leverage buyout models and discounted cash flow analyses, and presenting and discussing the results with the project team, clients and prospective clients;
- Undertaking detailed financial modelling and analysis including valuation and assessing the financial impact of transactions;
- Analysing industry and sector trends, commercial analysis of individual businesses and case studies of transactions;
- Drafting and reviewing marketing materials and other documentation including pitches, teasers, information memorandums, management presentations, strategic review papers, valuation papers and admission / prospectus documents;
- Collating comments from the project team, clients and other advisers on materials produced and working with the team to produce revised materials; and
- Involved in transaction process management, supporting Vice Presidents to ensure projects run smoothly, anticipating and addressing potential issues / complexities in a timely manner; expected to attend most meetings, and to work directly with the client’s Finance Director and other senior management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- At least three years’ experience in M&A from a reputable Investment Bank / Boutique ideally within the Financial Institutions team, or qualification as a Chartered Accountant within the financial services division of one of the Big 4 followed by Financial Institutions M&A experience with a reputable Investment Bank / Boutique.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent with a minimum 2:1 grade.
- Completion of CISI Level 3 Certification in Corporate Finance or qualification as a Chartered Accountant would be advantageous.
- Highly numerate.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised and reliable, self-starter, motivated and ambitious.
- Team player capable of fitting in with the culture.
- Strong valuation and financial modelling capabilities.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.