As a key member of our team, you will have an opportunity to add value through the entire M&A cycle by working closely with a driven, high-energy M&A team and senior leaders within our organization:
• Engage in a meaningful dialogue with software company owners / executives, financial advisors, investment bankers, and private equity firms while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism;
• Work directly with the Business Development (BD) team to source and evaluate the quality of prospective vertical-market software acquisitions;
• Create insightful market research reports, BD effectiveness reports, and BD tactical plans to improve overall coverage of the M&A funnel;
• Organize, analyze and present company financial information and develop valuation models;
• Drive all stages of the M&A process including assisting in negotiating the key transaction terms, conducting financial and operational due diligence, preparing investment memorandums, and assisting in negotiating the final purchase agreements;
• Project manage the diligence process by engaging with operational departments including human resources, research and development, tax, and legal.
• Excellent academic performance and attained a Business/Finance degree with strong preference given to those with a ACA, CA or ACCA designation;
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience working at a Big 4 / Big 10 corporate finance, transaction services management consulting firm or investment bank with ratings as a top performer;
• Excellent Excel skills and Strong PowerPoint skills; proficient in building complex financial models and capable of translating raw data into thoughtful analysis and concise presentations that will be delivered to senior executives;
• High quality decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to grasp new concept quickly while dealing with ambiguity and imperfect data;
• Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task between various on-going responsibilities to meet established deadlines;
• Able to work variable hours with high career ambitions to expand responsibilities within a fast growing organization;
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the confidence and polish to speak with business owners, senior executives and external professional firms;
• A strong understanding of technology and the software industry is an asset.