Our client is a private equity backed business focused on the acquisition and development of UK lower and mid-market companies. We are currently looking to expand their M&A team with the recruitment of an M&A analyst. The role will give the individual the opportunity to pursue a career in M&A in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Performance of initial commercial / financial analysis on prospective acquisition targets.
- The production of valuation and “Investment Hypothesis” documents to support formal offers and Investment Committee proposals.
- When a target is in the due diligence stage, the review and assessment of initial valuation assumptions and the performance of initial financial due diligence.
- The review of financial due diligence performed by third party accountants.
- On occasions, the candidate will support the M&A Manager / executive management team in other areas including (but not limited to):
- the preparation of investor and other internal presentations; and
- analysis of the performance of an acquired business 6-12 months post acquisition.
- The candidate will have gained some experience in Corporate Finance/M&A or be working toward ACA (or ACCA) qualification with strong financial and strategic analytical skills. Advanced excel skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Financial Services knowledge is desirable but not essential.