Long Term Private Capital, Investment Management, Vice President
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
LTPC is a new investment strategy formed by BlackRock to make direct, long-term investments into high quality companies, following a buy and hold approach. The new strategy will provide institutional clients with an opportunity to invest in high-conviction, long-dated assets that are expected to generate stable returns. Such investment opportunities could include family-owned businesses, companies not suitable for public market listings, corporate spin-outs, or stakes in high quality, public companies. The team expects to raise $10-20 billion of assets that will be deployed over time.
BlackRock is seeking a highly motivated and experienced investment professional to join its newly established LTPC Group. The role, based in London, will require the individual to assess investment opportunities, execute transactions, and monitor portfolio companies post-close. The successful candidate will join a global team of approximately 30 experienced investment professionals plus dedicated staff members.
Due to the long-term nature of portfolio holdings, this is an opportunity for a high performer who is interested in making long-term, strategic investments and creating partnerships with portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors.
- Effectively conduct due diligence, negotiate, execute, and monitor investments according to investment guidelines.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of companies and relevant industry sectors.
- Support senior investment colleagues in all aspects of investment sourcing, execution, and monitoring.
- Full involvement in the investment evaluation process, including attendance at management presentations, review of due diligence reports, and preparation of internal investment proposals.
- Negotiate and review transaction legal documentation and liaise with internal and external legal advisers.
- Interact with management teams, industry sources, and other investment professionals.
- Work effectively with counterparts at target companies throughout an investment lifecycle.
- Ongoing monitoring of portfolio assets, contributing to the quarterly fund valuation process and reporting to investors.
Experience & skills
- Strong understanding of global private markets; 5-8 years prior experience in transaction/corporate finance from leading buyout firms or institutional investors.
- Experience in sourcing, executing and managing private investments is a plus.
- Demonstrated financial modelling and evaluation skills.
- Good project management skills; able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule.
- Team-oriented. Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment. Culture fit is critical.
- Strong presentation skills as well as strong oral and written communications skills.
- Results driven with a high level of attention to detail.
- MBA and/or other advanced degree is helpful.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.