Operational subject matter expert in loan, trade and derivative documentation. Proactively providing support to all Front Office business departments for the efficient execution and control of new transaction covering loan, derivative and trade finance products. Including the review of contractual documentation and subsequent booking in operational systems. Ensure lending documentation is consistent with key terms and conditions of credit applications and all pre- and post conditions are satisfied accordingly. Where required, identify and refer any new products or processes for review of New Products and Processes committee. Provide key controls ensuring rules and procedures are adhered to.
Loans Documentation/Syndications Analyst
Role Description (in detail)
- Provide comprehensive pre-execution operational review and approval of all lending documentation, ensuring product meets guidelines for systematic and operational booking requirements.
- Review and approve GBR Terms and Conditions of credit application against lending documentation to ensure lending documentation and credit terms are aligned, avoiding any breaches.
- Supporting with documentation and booking of Risk Participations to ensure exposure is correctly managed and no internal limits are breached.
- Pre-execution validation and approval of guarantee information relating to lending products in GBR
- Pre-execution validation and approval of risk mitigating documentation such as Risk Participation agreements.
- Review and approval of Conditions Precedent are satisfied prior to funding and drawdown.
- Identification, origination and approval of documented financial covenant obligations of the borrower in the Bank’s operating system.
- Review and approve Credit Risk Insurance policies against the credit application, ensuring key terms and conditions are correct prior to execution.
- Registration and approval of relevant collateral / guarantees in Loan IQ and GBR.
- Review and approve all lending documentation, ensuring operational aspects are controllable and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Execution and approval of consistency check between lending documentation and credit approval in GBR, providing final sign off of Key Terms & Conditions, including fulfilment of credit conditions.
- Execution and approval of credit limits in the banks operating systems ensuring all prerequisite requirements are met in relation to local and regulatory validations.
- Review risk mitigating documentation, including Credit Risk Insurance and Sub/Risk Participation.
- Escalation of the risk issues impacting transactions, both from an internal policy perspective and from a regulatory perspective, allowing for acknowledgment and acceptance where required.
- Development of procedures and business process flows with Front Office & Finance Dept for unstructured transactions, ensuring booking methodology is agreed and understood.
- Constructively challenge and influence change to enhance business performance for the Section and Department to ensure best practise is established.
- Participation in project related work for both Departmental and Bank wide initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications
- In-depth experience in a financial services environment with exposure to syndicated loan markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of loan, trade and derivative documentation, including the working mechanics of the credit approval process.
- A sound understanding of Loan Market Association working practices.
- A strong working knowledge of the business conducted by the Bank, including an understanding of the individual marketing Departments.
- An understanding of key risks and associated control points in the transaction lifecycle.
- A good understanding of KYC and compliance procedures related to their functional area, ensuring best practice is incorporated in their team.
- Ability to contribute towards bringing a solution based approach to issues, working with the team to move transactions forward.
- Well organised, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and use initiative throughout the day.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and takes the initiative to provide high quality levels of service to both the Bank’s internal and external customers.
- Promote a control culture to ensure the Section accurately captures all transactions in the Bank’s core processing systems.
- Experience with Loan IQ would be ideal
This is a temporary role, currently signed off on until April 2022 but with long-term scope and the likelihood of extension beyond this date as the bank will have further need.
Interested, qualified candidates do not hesitate to enquire ASAP as this is an urgent requisition.