An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading global investment bank for an initial 6 month period. The role sits within a team which works in partnership with various business teams to ensure efficient pre-trade due diligence, execution and settlement of both primary and secondary loans. The successful candidate will have previous experience in loan closing or settlements within an investment bank.
- Monitor trading systems for new trades and confirm trades with outside clients.
- Draft, review and negotiate transfer documents (including trade confirmations & transfer certificates).
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Trading, Agency and Servicing teams to ensure that necessary approvals are obtained, and their pricing/cashflows are agreed, reconciled and settled within the system.
- High level of interaction with Trading, Sales and outside clients, as well as exposure to in-house lawyers, Compliance, Credit, Regulatory teams and other operations areas covering the trading desk.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- Knowledge and recent working experience of bank loans closing, servicing or agency activity within an investment bank.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident when dealing with demanding business people.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to keep track of a large and varied workload under time pressure.
- Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes.
- Professional approach and ability to communicate effectively with external parties such as borrowers, lenders and other agents.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Tamara McCallum or Sam van Staden: email@example.com quoting reference TM51094.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.