As a Barclays Loan Closer, you will be working within the Loan Trading team. You will manage a diverse portfolio of loan market association of primary and secondary loan trades from trade date through to settlement. You will be working within a small team progressing both Par, Distressed and Claim trades together with physically settled equity and generally supporting the Distressed Loan Trading Desk including the calculations/bookings/settlements around restructures.
What will you be doing?
- You will be drafting and reviewing of LMA Par/Distressed trade documents; trade confirmations, transfer certificates, sub-participation as well as pricing letters
- Liaising with the trading desk, sales and deal analysts as well as trade counterparties to ensure documents are in order for a smooth settlement
- • Reviewing of credit agreements to assess transferability requirements and restrictions
- Monitoring the traders’ positions to ensure the trade and settled positions are reconciled at all times
- Keeping senior members of the closing team and trade desk apprised of potential issues with documentation and trade settlements
- Liaising with the Operations Trade Settlements team to instruct the settlement of trades
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in the Loan Closing space covering Par and Distressed transactions across both LMA and LSTA documentation
- The ability to prioritise work in a high pressure environment with the ability to manage a diverse workload to tight deadlines
- Solid communication and decision-making skills and ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience using ClearPar will be beneficial
- Ability to multi-task, be responsive and pro-active in seeking out and resolving tasks
Where will you be working?
We are London based but have a flexible working structure. We are focused on outcomes and delivery not presentism. Our offices are in the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.