The Loan Agency Senior Officer oversees the accurate recordkeeping and execution of all loan and client activities including: monitoring borrowing status, preparing new borrowings, rollovers, rate sets, conversions, repayments and prepayments as well as the distribution of borrower financials and other information pertaining to the credit to the lending group. This role will act as the primary contact and coordinator for clients, lenders and business partners for complex syndicated credit transactions. This position will navigate many facets of the leveraged and distressed bank loan market, as well as structured finance securities, derivative instruments and corporate debt securities.
- Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
Loan Agency Services - Senior Officer
- Act as primary owner of assigned deals; and works with Loan Agency support staff or Loan administration staff to manage and communicate deal information to the borrower and lending group;
- Review and negotiate administrative issues within Credit Agreements. Oversee the updating of the Agency system to reflect attributes of each credit agreement and related governing documents;
- Oversee the calculation, invoicing and disbursement of all deal related fees. Responsible for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending group;
- Oversee ongoing maintenance of facility commitments and the processing of loan/facility-related activity; including rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, amendments, waivers, etc.;
- Oversee accurate and timely collection and disbursement of interest/principal/fee payments to lenders. Ensure collection of new borrowings from lenders and disbursement to borrower;
- Act as senior liaison between borrowers and lenders; ensure compliance with the terms of the Credit Agreement and other governing documents;
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation;
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and a client-focused approach that is responsive, proactive, accountable and reliable. Adjust communication appropriately for various levels and parties;
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently research and resolve issues;
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives and identifying and implementing best practices and operational efficiencies;
- Use judgment, interpretation and problem-solving to understand loan related information in order to successfully resolve exceptions;
- Excel in a deadline-driven environment, and highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
- 3-5 years of investment management operations experience or bank loan agency/syndication experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience;
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems;
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and external clients; strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools.