FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Loan Agency Client Service Manager, AVP
My client, a multinational banking and financial services group, is seeking a Loan Agency Client Service Manager, at an AVP level, to join their Corporate Trust and Loan Agency business, to be part of a team dedicated to performing the role of Facility Agent under syndicated loan facilities.
My client, a multinational banking and financial services group, is seeking a Loan Agency Client Service Manager, at an AVP level, to join their Corporate Trust and Loan Agency business, to be part of a team dedicated to performing the role of Facility Agent under syndicated loan facilities. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for a portfolio of clients/deals, and will be required to display a strong commitment to maintaining and improving a quality client service proposition. This business area is currently growing their offering, so this is an exciting time to join the business, backed by being a very well-known and reputable name in the market.
The job holder will be required to work with internal teams, both onshore and offshore, to maximise the client experience of dealing with the company from the initial mandate through to final repayment, as well as being directly responsible for managing the non-operational aspects of the deals. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers in a number of locations.
The role requires someone with a strong Loan Agency background with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a comparable client facing role and who understands an agency function and role and who can support a successful deal closing process and onboard. The role requires a sound understanding of the Syndicated Loan Market and some previous credit experience. This person also needs to be aware of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with the role.
- The jobholder will have prime responsibility for a portfolio of client relationships where they relate directly to the syndicated loan deals on which my client is appointed as facility agent.
- The jobholder will be required to work with internal teams from mandate to ensure that the onboarding and closing of the deal is professionally executed, and that potential operational issues are flagged and addressed in advance; to build and develop the relationship with the client, to act as an advocate for the client within the company; be the main point of contact (for both internal and external parties) for escalation of issues, and take ownership of the action plans to resolve performance issues (both from a business and a Client perspective).
- The jobholder will be required to display a strong client service work ethic, ensuring that customer requirements are understood; that requirements and processes are explained; and that they display a commitment to service delivery that demonstrates that the client is at the heart of everything that they do. Agree and adhere to an annual client visitation plan performing client surveys to solicit feedback.
- The jobholder will, in addition to having full deal oversight, be required to manage the non-operational aspects of these deals. This will include the deal closing process (including conditions precedent/subsequent matters); the managing of amendments, waivers and consent with internal and external parties (including client, lenders and counsel); managing internal processes (such as annual client reviews, internal escalation for problem/defaulted deals); and acting as a focal point for deal issue escalation.
- Ongoing work requests that fall outside the normal scope of the role should be assessed, and if necessary referred to Business Development for possible discussion regarding repricing. Develop strong client relationship to seek out both retentive and new business opportunities.
- The jobholder will be expected to display a strong understanding of risk control matters, identifying areas for possible improvement together with providing and implementing solutions. Identify process/technology improvements for clients that will benefit client experience.
- Provide advice and guidance for junior members of the team and offshore Operations where required, and act as an escalation point for local management.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Client focussed, with a proven record of commitment to excellent customer service.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Strong time management and presentation skills.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick