Do you have a solid background in the European and UK real estate finance sector and want to join a world leading, global commercial real estate services company, then please read on!
My client is looking to recruit an experienced hire to lead the Advisory team that sits within their Loan Services business. Their loan valuation practice values c. €8bn of performing and non-performing loans annually with clients ranging from banks, PE funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, P2P lenders and other alternative financiers.
This team also provides financial advisory to the sellers and buyers of non-performing or sub-performing loans collateralized by commercial real estate to assist clients achieve portfolio management, deleveraging and investment solutions.
The team is very active in multiple jurisdictions including Portugal, Spain, Germany, Netherlands and the UK as well as the management of distressed loans and loan portfolios.
This person would be coming from an advisory business and have debt due diligence and transaction management expertise, execution and documentation experience as well as experience of structuring and negotiation of debt transaction terms.
* Take a lead in business development and in expanding the loan valuation practice by proactively seeking mandates from lenders such as banks, alternative financiers, p2p lenders, building societies and insurance firms in both Europe and the UK.
* To understand the loan valuation methodology and models and take the lead in framing future valuation policies. Be adept with valuation techniques and follow the debt market trends to update valuation policies as required.
* Take a day-to-day lead on loan valuations of the existing client mandates and leading a team of senior analysts and analysts. Acting as the key client contact on existing mandates with the ultimate responsibility of presenting the Mark to Market debt valuations and the rationale behind the selection of debt margins.
* Take a lead on loan sale transactions including bidder management, preparation of marketing materials (information memorandums, teasers etc.)
* Liaise with multiple parties during the course of a loan sale transaction including the seller, bidding parties, legal advisors, valuers etc
* Take a keen interest in developing the loan sale business further in various geographies with introductions to various local teams who assist us in running transactions in their countries (Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland, Netherlands etc.).
* Take ownership of the debt research database to lead loan underwriting and research into industry trends and dynamics and implications for clients
* Special Servicing of Debt loans and portfolios
Key experience and technical knowledge required:
Solid experience in the UK & European real estate finance sector.
Excellent connectivity with the UK and European lenders.
Experience of executing real estate debt transactions within the UK & Europe for a broad range of transactions.
Strong excel and model review skills.
Additional European language skill desirable.
Understanding of the UK and the European debt market, key sellers and buyers.
Excellent commercial and financial analytical skills
Strong analysis skills and ability to present transactions to bidder communities.
The ability to prepare and present strong financing proposals.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: