Loan Administration & Loan Agency Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cortland Capital Market Services Limited
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
Cortland Capital Markets Services is a full-service investment servicing company that offers loan servicing, asset-servicing, fund administration and analytics. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New York, London and Nanjing, China, Cortland provides analytical, accounting, and administrative services to alternative investment managers and commercial lenders in various financial markets including syndicated bank loans, structured product, real estate, business loans, derivatives, futures, commodities and global equities.
The Agency Services Team is responsible for the administration of middle market and broadly syndicated bank loans where Cortland has been hired as Facility Agent. The Loan Agency Associate oversees the accurate recordkeeping and execution of all loan and client activities including: monitoring borrowing status, preparing new borrowings, rollovers, rate sets, conversions, repayments and prepayments as well as the distribution of borrower financials and other information pertaining to the credit to the lending group. This role will act as the primary contact and coordinator for clients, lenders and business partners for complex syndicated credit transactions for which Cortland acts as Facility Agent or Loan Administrator. This position will navigate many facets of the leveraged and distressed bank loan market, as well as structured finance securities, derivative instruments and corporate debt securities.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as primary owner of assigned deals; and works with Loan Agency support staff or Loan administration staff to manage and communicate deal information to the borrower and lending group.
- Review and negotiate administrative issues within Credit Agreements. Oversee the updating of the Agency system to reflect attributes of each credit agreement and related governing documents.
- Oversee the calculation, invoicing and disbursement of all deal related fees. Responsible for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending group.
- Oversee ongoing maintenance of facility commitments and the processing of loan/facility-related activity; including rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, amendments, waivers, etc.
- Oversee accurate and timely collection and disbursement of interest/principal/fee payments to lenders. Ensure collection of new borrowings from lenders and disbursement to borrower.
- Act as senior liaison between borrowers and lenders; ensure compliance with the terms of the Credit Agreement and other governing documents.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and a client-focused approach that is responsive, proactive, accountable and reliable. Adjust communication appropriately for various levels and parties.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new concepts quickly and independently research and resolve issues
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives and identifying and implementing best practices and operational efficiencies
- Use judgment, interpretation and problem-solving to understand loan related information in order to successfully resolve exceptions
- Excel in a deadline-driven environment, and highly organised with exceptional attention to detail and follow through
Desired Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- 3 years of investment management operations experience or bank loan agency/syndication experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and external clients; strong verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts and a strong, proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience, knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools
Cortland is an Equal Opportunity Employer