Liquidity Funding Product Controller Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Liquidity & Funding Controllers are responsible for the production of all internal and regulatory liquidity reporting and stress testing. The controller team works closely with Treasury and the Business Units to ensure that all reporting and stress testing correctly represent the liquidity footprint of the firm.
• Production Weekly/monthly/quarterly submissions of externally and internally used Liquidity information
• Production and development of internal Business Unit and Senior Finance stakeholder information
• Review of daily Liquidity reporting control metrics including analysis of key business drivers
• Assist with adhoc and on-going Liquidity Ratio optimization and analysis
• Provide cross-cover on Liquidity reporting and offer additional support for both internal and external information requests.
• Assist with project work to ensure new or amendments to existing reporting meet requirements
• Candidates should have relevant degree or equivalent experience
• Part qualified accountant.
• Knowledge of a multi-currency/multi-entity/multi-GAAP general ledger in a financial services environment.
• Ability to interpret detailed information and identify potential issues and mitigating solutions.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Understanding of Basel III & EBA liquidity reporting requirements
• Knowledge of financial products across Business lines i.e. Fixed income, IBD, and Equities, and the associated multi-GAAP accounting.
• Previous use of SharePoint and other document management systems.
• Good knowledge of US GAAP / IFRS accounting for financial products and relevant accounting standards is highly desirable.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.