My client, a leading multinational bank, are seeking an experienced Liquidity Business Analyst to join their finance department in London. As a business analyst and key member of the project team you will be responsible for bringing about change in the Regulatory Reporting team's processes and systems.
- Manage liquidity change, planning, testing and delivery to ensure the successful implementation of changes arising from new directives from appropriate regulatory authorities, such as EBA, PRA and JFSA, as well as internal transformation initiatives.
- Actively maintain and develop strong relationships with senior managers and members of other departments/teams, including Risk Management, Treasury, Finance etc., to support the delivery of reporting regulatory change. Review key stakeholder requirements to ensure that they are aligned to reporting offering and track delivery against these.
- Business process and regulatory requirements analysis:
- understanding current regulatory, liquidity and capital management business processes
- analysing new regulatory requirements and documenting key implications for reporting, management and controls framework
- where appropriate, to develop/prototype new tactical processes and models
- identify cost effective solutions to problems/issues identified and being able to work with the BAU team to justify any recommendations
- specify clear and precise requirements of the process and system improvements
- contribute to strengthening control processes; this will include objectively reviewing existing processes and assisting the reporting managers producing relevant MI to appropriately prioritize new initiatives
- identifying key steps or whole processes that could be automated to improve controls and efficiency
- Undertake the various testing tasks for Regulatory Reporting system solutions including vendor product and in-house development:
- developing test plans and test data and to document the test cases and expected results
- test vendor product for supporting new products, new regulatory reporting requirements, fixes released in vendor solution etc.
- working with the IT/Vendor team during testing, to give early feedback on development/solution/fix requirements
- undertaking user acceptance testing and walk through, with BAU users, the results of the testing;
- logging issues and following up with the IT team to ensure that these are addressed as per priority
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated experience in an Investment Banking Environment in either product control, risk or regulatory.
- Proven record in developing solutions to new requirements, business analysis and working to tight deadlines within a multi stakeholder environment e.g. working closely with IT.
- Sound working knowledge of investment banking products, the economics of them and a proven ability to understand how these should be reported (Financial/Regulatory).
- Strong testing background, version control with multiple concurrent releases
- Candidates must have worked on COREP returns, preferably in a change function. They must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the treatment and mapping for at least one of area of reporting – LCR, ALMM, NSFR & Asset Encumbrance
- A good understanding of the EU CRR /CRD IV and Basel III rules for Liquidity reporting
- Regulatory/Financial reporting experience from a banking/securities background
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of products including bonds, equities, repos, reverse repos, swaps, options, and credit default products, including the economics of these products.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptually understand processes and assess control points
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex ideas and present the key issues aligning the message for multiple stakeholders
- Experience in Data Analysis covering large volumes of trades, positions, assets, parties etc.
- Experience in analysing and documenting business requirements and working with IT team to develop appropriate solutions for the business
- Experience of preparing user acceptance test plans, identifying test data, undertaking acceptance testing and documenting test results especially for future audits is essential.
- Basic Excel and VBA competence to develop spreadsheets applications using formulas, pivots, lookups and simple macros.