Linux Technical Lead (Engineering / Automation / Quants)
- Highly competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 05 Jan 18 2018-01-05
Linux Team Lead (Engineering / DevOps / Automation / Quants) We are looking to recruit a Technical Lead / Senior Linux Consultant for our Core Linux team within the Technology Group at Man Investment. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Technical or team leadership role with strong, hands-on Linux engineering skills.
Linux Team Lead
(Engineering / DevOps / Automation / Quants)
Linux Lead - Permanent - London - Investment Management / Hedgefund - Linux, Redhat, Ansible, Python, AWS, Azure, Perl, Ruby, Chef, Puppet
We are looking to recruit a Technical Lead / Senior Linux Consultant for our Core Linux team within the Technology Group at Man Investment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Technical or team leadership role with strong, hands-on Linux engineering skills.
The team is responsible for the management of the global core Linux Environment at Man.
This includes: design, build, monitoring, and software deployment, configuration management, automation, auditing and reporting of the Man group Linux estate, both on premises and in the cloud.
The successful candidate will help deliver key strategic programmes including the adoption of public Cloud as part of a hybrid Infrastructure, the drive for increased automation across the Linux platform, and the delivery of management and systems reporting. They will work closely other teams within Infrastructure and across the wider business.
- Manage, support and develop the members of the Linux Team
- Managing relationships with key vendors, escalating support issues, maintaining communication and awareness of product roadmaps
- Ongoing development and continuous improvement of the global Linux platform
- Management of 3rd line operation support, management reporting for team's workload
- Conceiving and implementing strategic projects and initiatives that advance the reliability and effectiveness of the Linux Infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of the Linux Operating system ideally RHEL / Centos.
- Architecture, design, delivery and support of Linux based systems.
- Strong scripting experience - ideally Python.
- Experience delivering major projects and delivering 3rd Line Operational support.
- Performance troubleshooting, tuning and root-cause analysis of complex performance and stability issues.
- In depth experience of systems automation, server build, configuration management, and data analysis/visualisation tools.
- Enterprise Monitoring tools experience.
- Knowledge of Ansible, Puppet or Chef for configuration management and application deployment tools
- Experience of Python scripting
- Knowledge of public Cloud services such as AWS or Azure
- Redhat Satellite server, or Spacewalk
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the finance industry and the various functions within a financial institution
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man:
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two 'ManKind' days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees' extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.