Level 3 Data Ops and Corvil Operations Engineer – Core Infrastructure – Up to Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is looking for a Level 3 Data Ops and Corvil Operations Engineer to join their business critical team.
The operations team is responsible for performing implementation and management of the key systems used to monitor and maintain the entire network. SETI and Level3 Network Operations teams are the key customers for many of the tools and the visibility of the tooling performance is very high. It is imperative that the ecosystem of the monitoring and management platform is maintained to be production quality. The support teams depend on the Corvil and NMS systems to be fully functional at all times and this role is central in providing that operational posture. Currently in London there is a very high demand for Corvil configuration and metric development tasks. This role will provide advanced service delivery for the network in London primarily, then to the rest of the world as required.
The candidate will be responsible to manage, monitor, and maintain the global Morgan Stanley Corvil plant. This includes installation, configuration and daily maintenance of the CNEs that are in production across multiple business units. Advanced configuration of channels will be required to meet business unit requirements. Interaction with the vendor for all hardware failure and RMA processing will be required. The candidate will need to gather KPI and metric requirements from Business Unit customers, then delivering the appropriate solution within the tools to those clients.
The candidate will be part of a team that will evaluate, design and implement solutions in support of the global Morgan Stanley low latency, high speed trading plant. Working with the latest technologies across the entirety of financial products and leveraging industry knowledge and technical trends, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring customer requirements for low latency, high performance computing, security and efficient execution across complex routing are achieved. The candidate will be asked to participate in operational network troubleshooting and will need to combine knowledge of networking with the proper instrumentation toolset.
- An excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as high level of skill operation various network management systems.
- Expert level abilities in configuration and management of all Corvil platforms
- Strong ability to decode packet captures to help identify network and application issues.
- Ability to write scripts to manage aspects of the NMS platforms as well as create atuomated reports and metrics
- Hardware: Corvil Latency Management Platform, Endace Probes, nPulse Hammerhead probes, Spectracom SecureSync, Matrix Switches, TAPs, Cisco, Nexus, Arista Low latency platforms
- Protocols: TCP/IP, NTP, PTP, SNMP, Syslog
- Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Python, SOAP, XML,
- Routing Protocols, OSPF, BGP
- Understanding of Multicast routing and switching
- TCP/IP analysis, wireshark packet decode
- Proficient in UNIX or Linux.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to prioritise along with good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to participate as part of a team.
- High level of initiative, proactive approach.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the teams needs
- Honest, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, Word, Excel and Outlook
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-JM1