Legal Personal Assistant to EMEA Head - Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity within our EMEA Headquarters, London for a full time Personal Assistant within our Legal department. You will be responsible for providing pro-active and efficient day to day direct support to the Head of Legal EMEA, Legal Management Team and wider Legal department (Structuring, Sales & Trading, Primary Markets, Advisory/Regulatory and Litigation). This role will be suit if you have previous PA/Office Management experience within Banking or Financial Services.
Overview of the Department/Section:
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The role is part of the single Legal department comprised of the Legal Office for EMEA of BTMU ("ELO") and the Legal department of MUSE ("MUSE Legal"), together "Legal".
Main Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for providing pro-active and efficient day to day direct support to the Head of Legal EMEA, Legal Management eam and wider Legal department.
In this role, you will be responsible for support across MUFG’s Banking arm and Securities business under a dual-hat arrangement.
Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
• Provide personal support to the Head of Legal including managing and updating diary changes, email, meetings, travel, interviews, conference calls, entertainment, expenses and administration.
• Assisting the Head of Legal with producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
• Provide business support to Legal team for travel, processing of expenses, meetings, conference calls, on-boarding of new joiners, corporate entertainment, and reporting.
• Process internal and external administration, reports, expenses, correspondence.
• Attending and taking minutes at meetings.
• Liaising with external suppliers.
• Arrange internal and external training sessions and corporate entertainment on behalf of members of the team.
• Maintaining office systems including data management, filing etc.
• Perform general secretarial duties including business administration and general administration requirements such as managing office equipment and supplies, typing, answering and screening telephone calls and emails, relaying messages.
• Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
• Support implementation of efficiency improvements and new business initiatives as required.
• Additional duties as required to support the team’s strategy and objectives.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Ability to multi-task and manage ever changing and often conflicting priorities;
• Ability to work with a high level of motivation and initiative;
• Detail conscious, reliable, and committed to producing high quality and professional work in a team environment
• Confident in communicating effectively and dealing with people of all types and personalities at all levels
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong Microsoft office skills
• Excellent organisational skill; the ability to prioritise a large workload and conflicting deadlines
• A can do attitude; the motivation and drive to assist team members to the best of your ability
• Previous PA/Office management experience working in a similar role, preferably within Banking or Financial services
Education / Qualifications:
• A-Level and/or relevant industry expertise
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills