Legal, Merchant Banking Division, Lawyer, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division is the primary business unit within GS for long term corporate, real estate and infrastructure investing by Goldman Sachs. MBD works closely with other areas of Goldman Sachs in sourcing, evaluating and structuring investment opportunities and once made, in monitoring, advising, hedging and harvesting the investments. MBD is one of the largest managers of private capital globally, with over $163 billion of capital raised since 1986. Managing these investments are over 275 MBD professionals in eight offices worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
This legal department role involves working within a small team dedicated to GS' principal investing activity.
- Dedicated principal investing lawyer with strong emphasis on transaction support and execution
- Primarily focused on corporate and infrastructure investing within GS' Merchant Banking Division
- Extensive interaction with both front-line investment professionals and divisions including compliance, tax, financial controllers and operations
- Advising on transaction structuring, negotiation of deal documentation, diligence, regulatory and reputational issues
- Ongoing portfolio management
- Instructing and managing external counsel
- Corporate lawyer, with transaction experience in M&A and private equity
- Good team player, dynamic, engaging and capable of working proactively on a wide range of issues in a fast-paced environment.
- UK or US qualified
- 4 to 7 years post qualification experience in a law firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.