Legal Entity Controllers, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract, Manager
We are looking for a Manager with your experience to join the EMEA Regional Finance team in our London office on a six-month fixed term contract.
The EMEA Regional Finance team in London assists in the control and governance of high risk EMEA regulated entities and branches, including driving improvement in the quality of information provided to internal and external stakeholders. You will join a talented team that has a deep understanding of the regulated entities that sit within EMEA and covers broad responsibilities including, legal entity monitoring as well as control and assurance. They are also a regional point of contact for wider EMEA Legal Entity matters where appropriate.
As a manager in the EMEA Regional Finance team, you will play a key role in the overall management of certain entities within the EMEA region and the performance of the EMEA region. You will have a solid understanding of the relevant businesses.
Your responsibilities will include ensuring a strong business understanding and using it to provide context to accounting and financial matters; and regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control, monthly financial review of entity balances, supporting preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings and meetings with regulators.
You will have a detailed understanding of the balance sheet and its underlying transactions. You will make analytical assessments and challenge the regulated entity P&L based upon the balance sheet and market drivers.
You will also have:
- an understanding IFRS based financial and statutory reporting, including support of board reporting, and audited financial statements
- experience engaging with business teams and other internal and external stakeholders (Auditors, Directors) and well demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- the ability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation.
You will be closely partnering with Financial Control teams based in London, Jacksonville, Gurugram and Sydney to bring together end to end understanding of the various booking models and tax transfer pricing arrangements affecting the entities. You will also be working with the Regulatory and Statistical Reporting teams in London, Dublin, and Jacksonville to support them with their regulatory reporting.
Other responsibilities will include:
- the review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior leaders in the finance and tax team
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities
- identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- understanding of general EMEA footprint and issues
- undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches for specific entities and the region
- taking responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverables.
You will hold a postgraduate or professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA as well as the following:
- 5 plus years relevant post qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical, specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Audit, Financial Reporting, Financial Control, Regulatory Reporting and IFRS exposure is a key preference.
In addition to the above you will be a team player who can work in a methodical manner and accept accountability and ownership of tasks; demonstrate established competency in planning and organizing; you need to be a well-organized self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects; and have strong attention to detail and be able to identify issues. You will also be expected to prioritize competing demands and manage stakeholder expectations as well as build relationships with peers in other functions and locations.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.