A global investment bank are looking for a strong, confident Legal Entity Controller on their dealer broker entity, with experience ideally covering US GAAP and IFRS/UK GAAP. As well as the usual controllership elements at legal entity level, this person will need to have trong understanding of product and booking flows, control concepts around substantiation etc, audit engagement) for initially 6 months. Trade book finance product knowledge is imperative.
- Local IFRS statutory accounts including directors & strategic reports and related business performance and risk summaries. Additional peripheral external reporting responsibilities.
- Liaise with local and international audit teams as required.
- Quarterly regulatory reporting cycle: preparation and submission of financial metrics and asset encumbrance returns where applicable, including review of capital metrics.
- Projects: provide key input into the design, specification and implementation of systems and controls to enhance underlying departmental processes
- New Products, Complex Transactions and Businesses: Key involvement in the New Product Approval and product implementation processes, ensuring appropriate booking, valuation and reserve methodologies to meet business requirements
- A Chartered Accountant
- Brokerdealer product knowledge
- Experience managing the preparation of internal financial reporting, considering both Legal Entity and Line of Business dimensions.
- Strong Manager of team, can develop people
- Knowledge of financial services/products and their accounting treatment
- Understanding of both US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience managing external audit activity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Innovative mindset, with a track record of process enhancement
- Understanding of change management discipline, and the ability to collaborate effectively data management teams and Technology partners
Please apply / reach out to hannah Alderson at twentyAI for more information