A global investment bank are looking for an Immediately available Legal Entity Controller for 6 months. The bank are looking for a strong, confident individual with experience ideally covering US GAAP and IFRS/UK GAAP, as well as the usual controllership elements at legal entity level (business engagement, understanding of product and booking flows, control concepts around substantiation etc, audit engagement)
- Local IFRS statutory accounts including directors & strategic reports and related business performance and risk summaries. Additional peripheral external reporting responsibilities.
- Liaise with local and international audit teams as required.
- Quarterly regulatory reporting cycle: preparation and submission of financial metrics and asset encumbrance returns where applicable, including review of capital metrics.
- Projects: provide key input into the design, specification and implementation of systems and controls to enhance underlying departmental processes
- New Products, Complex Transactions and Businesses: Key involvement in the New Product Approval and product implementation processes, ensuring appropriate booking, valuation and reserve methodologies to meet business requirements
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience managing the preparation of internal financial reporting, considering both Legal Entity and Line of Business dimensions.
- Knowledge of financial services/products and their accounting treatment
- Understanding of both US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience managing external audit activity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Innovative mindset, with a track record of process enhancement
- Understanding of change management discipline, and the ability to collaborate effectively data management teams and Technology partners
Please apply / reach out to hannah Alderson at twentyAI for more information