Legal Entity Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
My Client is looking for an experienced Legal Entity controller to support the London Branch of a leading international investment bank. The key focus of the role is responsibility for the financial accounting and reporting of subsidiaries and SPVs under IFRS.
- For the UK subsidiaries the team manages the annual statutory accounts and audit process, and delivers to each entity’s Board a comprehensive finance presentation covering both financial reporting (actuals and projections) and financial management.
- Application, analysis and review of IFRS accounting and reporting within the monthly financial reporting process.
- Maintenance of integrity and accuracy in accounting ledgers.
- Produce and review Board reports for presentation to management, including qualitative and quantitative review of key financial statements.
- Manage subsidiaries through IFRS9 implementation.
- Compliance with the control framework, including substantiation of accounting balances.
- Efficient and timely submission of high quality deliverables, with a strict adherence to deadlines.
- Accurate and clear documentation of all work performed, maintaining a comprehensive audit trail.
- Working closely within the team to ensure that all month end tasks are completed within required deadlines.
- Timely and accurate reporting of financial information to stakeholders as required.
- Addressing evolving financial accounting, reporting and control requirements for legal entities, including participation in defining accounting and control models.
- Ensure financial management (eg dividends, financing) and restructuring (eg closure of entities) tasks are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Preparation and review of statutory financial statements.
- Review and enhancement of existing processes and procedures.
- Identify efficiency opportunities, and prioritise and implement these.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) with IFRS knowledge, specifically affecting financial services activity
- Experience of working in an accounting, reporting or legal entity control function within an investment bank (preferred).
- Strong understanding of Capital Markets and Banking products, including their lifecycles, and their representation in the financial statements
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts in accordance with IFRS requirements, working to agreed deadlines
- Presentation to stakeholders on accounting and reporting topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing, effective escalation and presentation to wider audiences