Legal Division, Fixed Income & Derivatives Lawyer, Associate/Vice President, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB THE LEGAL DIVISION
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. OUR DIVISION CULTURE
As a division we are focused on our people and their development and are committed to creating an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We offer numerous training and career development opportunities including a weekly legal training programme, department mentoring schemes and a people development committee tasked with providing tangible tools to help manage and develop careers. The department also has a number of active and varied committees including the Diversity, Pro Bono, Charity and Social Committees and encourages participation in the Women's, Black and LGBT Firmwide affinity networks. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
We are looking for a lawyer to join the Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) legal team, focusing on supporting our businesses involved in cash bond trading, interest rate derivatives and hedging strategies for corporates. The role involves a mix of transactional, trading and regulatory advice across a broad range of cash and derivatives products. The team advises on the structuring and execution of transactions, development of new platforms and services, regulatory and market structure matters, and advises on all aspects of legal and reputational risk. We work with a broad range of stakeholders, including trading and investment banking businesses, compliance, internal audit and operations. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advising on a variety of risk management and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to our hedging and financing structures, market structure reform in both cash and derivatives products and new product development
- Assisting with the structuring, negotiation and drafting of client and transactional documents, including coordination with external counsel
- Advising on the practical impact of EU and UK regulatory developments relating to our cash and derivatives FICC businesses
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At least 3-5 years post qualification relevant experience in a comparable institution or in a well-regarded law firm
- Experience advising on regulatory and transactional matters (preferably related to derivatives and fixed income)
- Derivatives market experience and familiarity with ISDA and other derivatives documentation
- Exposure to financial market regulations, including EMIR, MiFID II and the Market Abuse Regulation
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts in an accessible way
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, be pro-active in a challenging business environment and to respond to client demands in a timely manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders including trading and sales personnel, global control functions and legal specialists across the global team.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity