Why apply for this role? We are seeking a talented, energetic and commercially-minded lawyer interested in a role supporting strategic and transformational technology and innovations contracts and outsourcings in Santander.
What you'll be doing
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on large-scale transformational outsourcings as well as assisting on other technology and innovation work, including cloud agreements, services agreements and intra-group arrangements.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders in the Bank and with external counsel providing specialist advice.
- Providing practical and focused training to the business on contracts, including in relation to outsources post-signature training to the contract management team.
- Keeping abreast of external developments in the law and elsewhere of relevance to Santander to enable the Bank to react appropriately and in line with best practice.
- Liaising with appropriate business areas to ensure that high value, strategic, operational and contentious matters (whether regulatory or non-regulatory) are appropriately supported within Legal & Regulatory and best practices shared with wider teams.
What we're looking for
- Excellent knowledge of all outsourcing, digital, technology and commercial contract law.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulatory regime impacting outsourcing in financial services, in particular the EBA Guidelines on Outsourcing.
- Good knowledge of related areas, in particular GDPR and intellectual property.
- Experience dealing with a large volume of matters and competing demands and strong project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines.
- Strong influencing skills - able to advise the business on the best approaches, helping them to understand the constraints/risks and assisting the business in developing solutions.
What else you need to know
The role can be flexible in working pattern.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.