Legal Counsel, Exciting Early Stage Venture Capital Fund, London, UK
Our client, an exciting high-growth venture capital fund, is currently looking to hire a first time Legal Counsel to join their London team. The fund, which invests across the pan European market has had an incredible past few years, raising two new funds and investing into some of Europe's fastest-growing tech business. They are expecting to continue this high growth into the distant future and are now looking to grow their team.
As the Legal Counsel, you will initially be responsible for all the aspects of the investment activity, both transaction and structuring whilst over time becoming more of a generalist and taking on a number of fund and group legal related tasks. On day-to-day the role would work closely with the founder, COO and investment team, being a core point of contact for the investors, portfolio Execs and external counsel - giving the position a real commercial flare.
This is a rare opportunity for an up and coming qualified Lawyer who has gained venture deal experience within legal practice to become an integral member of the team and work closely with some of the industry's top entrepreneurs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To act as the legal expert within the fund, working closely with the Founding Partners, investment and portfolio teams
- Lead on all aspects of the fund's transactions, both structuring and execution
- Transition into working closely with the COO on all group legal matters across the fund and some of the group companies
- Liaise and manage relationships with key external stakeholders, including external counsel
- Qualified Lawyer with significant venture capital deal experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for the technology industry
- Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders on a daily basis