Legal Counsel, Exciting Alternatives Investment Platform , London, UK
Our client, an exciting and soon to be market leading alternatives investment platform are currently looking to hire a Legal Counsel to join their fast growing London team. The company, which invests across multiple platforms including the mid-market PE and impact space is well known for its innovative culture and forward-thinking investment strategies. Over the past year the company has been experiencing period of growth and fundraising, making it now a very exciting time to join!
As the Legal Counsel, you will be afforded plenty of responsibility and exposure to all legal aspects of the transactions, fund raising, formation and the day-to-day legal requirements of the firm. You will work closely with multiple teams on a daily basis, independently managing various legal projects whilst collaborating with and learning from two senior Lawyers. You will also be responsible for coordinating the legal activity of the fund's international office and some group companies - allowing plenty of exposure whilst working across multiple jurisdictions.
This is an fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious legal professional who has already gained some in-house experience working within the investment or asset management space to be of the story and really make an impact! RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support senior lawyers on all legal matters, from preliminary investment contracts and NDAs to the drafting of corporate documents.
- Support on all legal aspects of the transactions, both structuring and execution
- Lead on a number of internal legal-based projects
- Coordinate with the external counsel, legal advisors along with the international regulators and entities
- Liaise with the satellite office, supporting them on regulatory work and fund formation related activity
- Assist in ad-hoc business projects when needed, working with the Managing Partner
- UK qualified Lawyer with experience working within an in-house investment environment
- Knowledge of the private equity or venture capital space would be advantageous
- Previous experience on fund-formation and regulatory related tasks
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment
- Great interpersonal skills and client-facing manner