A US Asset Management company, with nearly $500 Billion AUM and revenue of nearly $2 Billion, is seeking to hire a Legal Counsel for its London office, to report into the legal team in the US. This is an outstanding position for a lawyer to join a leading Asset Management company.
A very exciting position has become available for a lawyer to join one of the world's leading Asset Management companies, headquartered in the US. The company has nearly $500 Billion AUM and revenue in excess of £2 Billion. This role will report to the legal team in the US and be the sole legal counsel for the UK and international.
The role will be all encompassing but will focus on the following core legal areas:
- Broad commercial arrangements including drafting and negotiating investment management agreements, investment advisory agreements, distribution and purchase agreements, platform agreements, subscription documents, JV agreements and more.
- Advising the Board of Directors and other senior business partners on fund structuring, regulatory and general corporate/commercial matters.
- Interpretation and application of FCA and SEC regulations, MiFID II, UCITS law, AIFMD and advising on and delivering regulatory change such as MiFID II, GDPR, SRD II and EMIR reporting.
- Ideally you will already have some in house experience advising in a legal capacity, as well as experience within a recognised law firm.
- You should have had direct exposure to current financial regulatory matters as listed above and have worked on a broad range of commercial matters.
- This role is stand alone and consequently you should be adept at working autonomously and have the ability to source and find out issues yourself, in conjunction with the wider legal team. Your communication skills with the wider business should be excellent and as a prominent member of the business in London, you should be able to work closely with a diverse range of people.
If you have legal experience of advising funds / asset managers from with private practice OR you have direct experience in house, you are encouraged to apply. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate with a growing and leading Asset Management company.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.