A newly created role has arisen within he the highly regarded boutique Asset Manager for an experienced Legal Counsel to be accountable and responsible for the provision of legal advice to the business including identifying and controlling legal risk within both the Wealth and Asset Management services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure the business is safeguarded against legal challenges.
- Develop and maintain core template agreements (NDA & Terms of Business) to ensure the business meets it’s legal and corporate obligations.
- Advise in relation to all relevant agreements entered into by the business and the development and maintenance of precedent agreements, where appropriate.
- Maintain and develop the trademark portfolio and advise in relation to intellectual property issues.
- Manage litigation matters and contribute towards the business strategy in conjunction with the appropriate business area(s).
- Provide oversight of instructions to Counsel for tax opinions.
- Provide guidance in relation to client agreements.
- Coordinate and provide technical input to the approval process in respect of authorising collective investment schemes and constitutional changes to existing collective investment scheme
- Assist in the research into specific areas and make recommendations, including the incorporation of changes in legislation or regulation into administration and compliance procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Lawyer with at least 4+ years PQE
- Candidates will have spent the majority of their post qualification experience working within the Banking or financial services sector
- Understand UK Law and regulation
- Be open and co-operative with the FCA, PRA and other regulators
- The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. An integral part of the role will be to communicate confidently with senior management and product owners.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.