This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and commercial lawyer to join IHS Markit's in-house legal team in London, providing legal support across multiple products within the financial markets division, with a particular focus on supporting the growing businesses covering valuations services and strategic partnerships. The role will involve closely partnering with our business teams in managing, negotiating and executing key transactions and helping to drive and implement the Company's commercial goals whilst minimising legal risk. The ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging but rewarding, fast-paced environment and should be comfortable working independently and owning projects from start to finish. Responsibilities
Required Education And Experience
- Draft, review, analyse and negotiate a variety of data and intellectual property licenses and other complex and bespoke commercial agreements.
- Collaborate within the legal team to improve and maintain our standard commercial agreements, contract negotiation playbooks and legal processes.
- Collaborate with product, sales and other operational teams to draft, review and negotiate agreements required to minimise legal risks and ensure that the obligations and requirements of the contracting parties are clear and enforceable.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Work with our internal team on other matters including information security matters and data privacy, managing and protecting the Company's intellectual property.
- Qualified lawyer.
- Ideally 2-4 years' experience as a qualified lawyer in a leading law firm, with in-house legal experience a plus.
- Experience in financial markets is preferred but not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent legal analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritise multiple projects across several functional departments.
- Ability to scale and grow with an organisation.
- Precision and attention to detail are critical requirements, as is the ability to describe complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.