- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Twelve Capital
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Twelve Capital is an independent investment manager specializing in insurance investments for institutional clients. Our investment expertise covers the entire insurance balance sheet, including Insurance Bonds, Insurance Private Debt, Catastrophe Bonds, Private Insurance-Linked Securities and Insurance Equity. The firm was incorporated in October 2010 and is majority-owned by its employees. We have offices in Zurich and London and are open to applicants based in either location. We are looking for a Legal Counsel willing to step into a dynamic working environment.
The position forms part of Twelve Capital’s Legal team focusing on the following core activities:
- Providing proactive, in-depth, business-focused legal advice to the business, as well as implementing initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behavior and responsibility across the business
- Managing all legal aspects of fund lifecycle including design, launch and operation, including negotiation of material contracts
- Advise on legal and regulatory aspects of distribution, in particular in a cross-border context, negotiate distribution agreements and give internal advice to the relevant sales departments
- Support business teams in developing and maintaining an efficient investment platform, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing arrangements with third parties
- Providing advice and assist in implementation of business initiatives
- Perform due diligence and risk assessment on counterparties in connection with transactions
- Corporate housekeeping including corporate secretarial, governance, licensing and intercompany matters
- Corporate administration including governance procedures and shareholder matters
- General legal support of the investment business to meet organizational priorities.
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Strong academic background, degree in Law
- 5 years of mutual fund experience with a law firm or investment management firm
- Thorough knowledge and previous experience of Swiss and European financial market regulation (UCITS,AIFMD, MIFID)
- Ability to make judgement calls and handle multiple tasks / workflows with tight delivery schedules
- Team player with an entrepreneurial attitude, comfortable with change
- Legal and business judgment with integrity and highest ethical standards
- Highly developed commercial awareness and ability to communicate issues from a technical and business perspective
- Excellent command of English and ideally German both written and verbally
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 2 October 2018.