Legal advisory and contract specialist
Morgan McKinley are currently recruiting for a very exciting role in a multinational investment bank. I have attached the details for this role below, if you are keen to speak about this exciting opportunity please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Legal advisory and contract negotiation support for the Contract Risk Advisory Team (General Counsel Division) in London for a multinational investment bank. The candidate will undertake a legal advisory role and be an escalation point for the Brexit client documentation team in respect of the migration of (in-scope) ISDA Master Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and Global Master Securities Lending Agreements (together with any ancillary documentation). Key Responsibilities:
To provide legal advisory and contract negotiation support to the contract negotiation team in respect of the migration of the firms European Fixed Income Derivatives, Repo and Stock lending businesses to a new EU entity as part of the Brexit programme. The role includes:
- Undertaking the revision of existing template documentation and assisting with creation of new template documentation to the extent required. Assistance with creating and updating negotiation guidelines for the documentation team;
- escalation point and GC advisor for documentation / negotiation team queries;
- conducting complex contract negotiations as required;
- provision of advisory support in relation to ad hoc queries in relation to the aforementioned businesses from internal stakeholders (business, project team etc.), as well as external clients, in relation to documentation issues;
- instructing and liaising with external local counsel on any local law issues in relation to the new entity and impact of client documentation;
- Working closely with project manager taking instructions with respect to priority matters and ensuring a smooth and prompt response to any escalated issues; and
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Updating and maintaining internal systems and being the point of contact for the Contract Risk Advisory team for the UK LEP programme.
- Qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5-7 years PQE.
- A flexible, can do, professional attitude and excellent people and communication skills.
- Previous experience with and a good understanding of the mechanics of the ISDA Master Agreement, GMRA and GMSLA (as well as due diligence requirements and netting analysis).
- Excellent legal drafting and negotiation skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team to provide a flexible and responsive service in relation to the range of responsibilities outlined.
- A good understanding of the structure of an investment bank and the interaction between various teams and stakeholders. In house legal department experience within an investment bank would be useful.
- Previous experience working on a repapering/documentation migration project would be ideal.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.