Legal Advisor within Big 4's London Office of General Counsel
- City of London
- Mar 31, 2021
The Office of General Counsel for one of the Big 4 is seeking a Legal Advisor to join their London team to provide legal advice on key strategic issues Summary of the role
This is an outstanding opportunity for a legal professional with +/- 3 years PQE experience to join a legal team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. This career move for the successful candidate will undoubtedly broaden their range of legal skills and experience whilst enabling them to make a meaningful contribution overall.
The entity seeking to fill this role provides audit, tax and advisory services to clients and is based in over 150 countries. The team within which this role falls provides legal advice on key strategic issues and supports the execution of key business decisions. It also supports the entity's global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working under the ultimate supervision of the General Counsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a variety of matters including corporate and governance legal matters relating to the entity itself, corporate transactions, structuring, governance issues relating to member firms and cross-border legal risk and regulation. Given the nature of the legal work involved, some international travel may be required.
The successful candidate is someone who is hungry for a stimulating and fast pace working environment, who is not afriad of a challenge and has ambitious career aspirations. Qualification, Skills and Experience required
- Qualified lawyer, of approximately 3 years PQE (or equivalent, if not UK qualified)
- Experience advising on corporate matters in areas such as governance and structural matters, investments (including equity and debt), acquisitions, disposals and cross border legal risks and regulations
- Experience advising professional services firms, including on partnership agreements, will be advantageous.
- Excellent legal technical skills
- An understanding of business drivers as well as legal, regulatory and business risks faced by large global organisations
- Awareness of own strengths and areas for development
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way
- Working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border corporate matters (gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position)
Please do get in touch soonest and/or send your CV to Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.