Legal - Global Markets - Equities Lawyer - Vice President - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an experienced derivatives lawyer to join the equities legal team, focusing on supporting our equity derivatives desks. The role involves advising on a broad range of equity derivative products where you'll bring your skills to bear on high profile transactions and helping navigate regulatory change.
The equities legal team covers the full spectrum of equity products and trading activities including our equities execution platforms, benchmarks business, funds platform, strategic equity derivatives and margin lending. The team advises on the structuring and execution of transactions, development of new platforms and services, regulatory and market structure matters, and advises on all aspects of legal and reputational risk. We work with a broad range of stakeholders, including trading and investment banking businesses, compliance, internal audit and operations.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Working closely with business teams on the structuring and execution of a wide range of structured equity derivative products and margin loans
- Advising on a variety of product and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to innovative hedging and financing structures, new product development, and growth markets
- Advising on the interpretation and practical impact of regulatory reforms on the equities businesses
- Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of transaction documents, including coordination with external counsel
- Providing derivatives and equity product expertise internally in the legal division and across the firm
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At least 6 years post qualification relevant experience in a comparable institution or in a well-regarded law firm
- Strong equity derivatives experience with good knowledge of related derivatives and equity market regulation
- Ability to identify legal and regulatory issues and explain them in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- Excellent negotiation skills and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, be pro-active in a challenging business environment and to respond to client demands in a timely manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully with a diverse range of stakeholders including trading and sales personnel, control functions and legal specialists across the firm globally.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity