Legal - Derivatives and Structured Finance - Executive Director - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 10 September 2018
Application Closing Date: 08 October 2018
We're looking for an experienced lawyer to join the derivatives and structured finance legal team located in London. Focusing on supporting our proprietary benchmarks business as well as a broad range of OTC derivatives you'll bring your skills to bear on high profile transactions and helping navigate regulatory change.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The derivatives and structured finance legal team covers the full spectrum of equity, interest rate, FX and credit derivatives as well as our fund and securitisation businesses. The team advises on the structuring and execution of transactions, helps the firm navigate legal and regulatory change and advises on all aspects of legal and reputational risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Advising on the structuring, documentation and execution of a wide range of derivatives products
- Advising trading businesses on a variety of regulatory, documentation, risk management and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to their innovative benchmark business
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reforms for our trading businesses
- Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of transactional documents, including coordination and management of external counsel
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, above or equivalent in Law, Legal Studies required
- Significant legal experience gained from working within leading law firms/asset managers/financial institutions required
- Demonstrated experience of working with derivatives/structured products required
- Familiarity with options, swaptions, collars, FX, TRS, leveraged finance and convertible bond hedging required
- Knowledge of derivatives documentation, structuring and executing transactions and legal issues required
- Experience of drafting/negotiating trade and repo confirmations required
- Familiarity with reporting, conducting due-diligence, market abuse and disclosure rules analysis required
- Experience of providing legal advice and representing various teams/stakeholders/businesses in a range of financial activities
- Familiarity with regulatory, compliance, EMIR obligations required
- Experience of reviewing various agreements, supply contracts, customer contracts etc. required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts in accessible way
- Must have strong team-working and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with clients/stakeholders at all levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.