Learning & Development PMO Support
The Enterprise Learning & Development (EL&D) Team is part of the Global Talent Management Team. It focuses on multiple aspects of an employee's experience with the firm, from on-boarding and integration to development and advancement of our people throughout their careers.
The PMO Support will be a key member of the EL&D team and will work with the Regional Learning Lead and Senior Learning Consultants to ensure the successful deployment of both core professional development training offerings and key strategic learning initiatives. They will need to have a good understanding of IT, strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize/manage workload.
• Responsible for supporting Learning Leadership in the execution of key L&D initiatives
• Co-ordinate the delivery of business as usual (BAU) professional development training
• Manage tracking of project milestones, issues and risk management for all assigned projects
• Execute weekly and monthly status reporting and issue to key stakeholders
• Execute Project Budgeting and Forecasting
• Support L&D Leadership in management of vendor relationships
• Co-ordinate all activities relating to internal/external audits/and inspections
• Understand, document, and clearly communicate project processes to internal teams and/or stakeholders
• Coordinate and track training program delivery by both internal L&D Teams and external Training Providers
• Deliver ad-hoc professional development training programs as requested (e.g. On-boarding) KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
• Excellent administration and organisation skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work under own initiative, prioritise workload and retain oversight of all responsibilities in a high volume and fast-paced environment
• Ability to identify potential risks and escalate as appropriate
• Client focused, with exceptional communication skills
• Strong follow through to see projects and tasks to completion
• Prior experience working with HR/ Learning Management Systems is preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and PowerPoint are essential
• Team player
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.