Learning & Development ManagerOverview
The Octopus Group includes Octopus Investments, Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. We call it 'a brighter way', changing today for a better tomorrow. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
About the role
- The position will report to the Head of Learning & Development
- Continuously developing the skills and performance of all people managers
- Carry out side by side and remote coaching sessions with people managers to meet the needs of the business.
- Initiate changes and improvements to training and coaching programmes, processes and procedures as appropriate
- Maintain clear records of coaching activity including improvement plans
- Support, develop and motivate staff to deliver departmental and individual objectives and KPIs when applicable
What you'll need to be successful:
- Proven track record of training delivery including 'soft skills' modules
- Delivery of training with a Management population
- Experience managing people either currently or in a previous role
- An organised approach to be able to coach a multitude of managers from diverse backgrounds, whilst establishing trust and integrity
- Experience of delivering change management programmes
- Excellent communication skills, approachable and good at forming and developing relationships with people of all levels across the business
And to really stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in tech & digital learning
- An understanding and experience of employment law
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers .