Leading Power/Utilities Advisory Firm – Economist - Manager/Associate Director
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- One Search
- 15 Jun 18 2018-06-15
Award winning Power and Utilities Corporate Finance team seeks Economist at Manager/Associate Director level for growing Power/Utilities Advisory team.
A globally recognised Corporate Finance advisory firm with deep rooted relationships with major corporates/sponsors and Funds across the Infrastructure and Energy space. With a long standing history of advising on critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The position would sit within the corporate finance remit of the Power/Utilities team and involve working on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues that dictate investment in infrastructure across the UK and internationally.
Supporting the Transactional work of the corporate finance team, the role would include market and policy design, deal structuring, economic analysis and execution of mandates to allow investment into infrastructure projects across a global mandate.
The Power/Utilities team has a broad coverage that includes the role out of the Electric Vehicle network and implementation of the policy behind revolutionary technologies in the Utilities space, particularly within the energy and water sector.
Other aspects of the position include:
- Running coverage of clients, supporting our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector.
- Building relationships with key clients and developing wider networks with clients and other advisors (e.g. legal, technical)
- Leading the development of proposals for new business.
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas; Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness and business development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will come from a background in the Utilities space and have significant experience (4+ years for consideration at Manager level) in the industry as a consultant or specialising in the Power/Utilities space:
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of energy and water companies as well as utilities more generally;
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes for utilities as well as their application, including detailed regulatory mechanics; and also have some knowledge and experience with other market and regulatory regimes
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Demonstrate very good working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Have knowledge and experience of statistics and econometrics ideally applied in the utilities sector
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to financial or economic problems of moderate to high complexity;
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders.
For more information and discussion on the position and the long-term scope of the role, get in contact on Henry.Pepperell@One-Search.com or 020 3907 1450