Leading Global Private Equity Investor seeks Analyst for London-based Alternatives fund
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Our client is a leading global private equity investor who are seeking an individual from a Tier 1 M&A or Leveraged Finance background to join their London-based alternatives team at the mid-senior analyst level. This team focuses on investments in the Secondary, Co-Investments and Primary spaces, with the successful candidate to work across all 3 strategies. Strong motivations to work in this space and a high level of maturity are a must for this client.
The successful candidate will work across all private equity strategies of our client as they believe the multiple disciplines are complementary. Due to their current deal flow, there will likely be an initial focus on Primaries and Co-Investments, before the necessary training to flourish in the Secondaries market is also provided.
- Primary Investments: Makes primary commitments to premier private equity funds. Creates diversified portfolios of private equity funds on a global basis and within multiple asset classes, including buyout, growth equity, venture capital and distressed / special situation investments.
- Co-Investments: Invests directly into attractive deals alongside premier private equity firms in their core areas of expertise. Focuses on building high-quality, diversified portfolios of strategic co- investments primarily in buyouts and growth financings on a global basis and across multiple industries.
- Secondary Investments: Invests in seasoned private equity funds by providing liquidity solutions to investors who desire to sell their limited partner interests in private equity funds.
- Other innovative, yield-oriented, direct private equity strategies including mezzanine, healthcare royalty based financing, and structured investments in asset managers.
The candidate will support the team in the due diligence analysis of primary and secondary private equity fund investments and well as co-investments in single portfolio companies. They are seeking a driven individual with two or more years of relevant experience within Investment Banking, Corporate Finance or Private Equity, who can add value across a broad range of private equity investing activities. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to build upon their experience in a demanding but rewarding environment.
- Conducting due diligence on private equity funds and portfolio company opportunities including industry, company and manager research.
- Performing in-depth valuation analysis of private equity portfolios and private companies.
- Leading the preparation of due diligence materials and investment committee memos.
- Meeting regularly with partners and other investment professionals of private equity firms.
- Monitoring and valuing portfolio investments through attendance at annual meetings of private equity firms and investor meetings for individual portfolio companies.
- Assisting in the marketing and commercial efforts involving the firm’s private equity products.
- Managing a wide range of special projects, including but not limited to product development, asset allocation analysis, and customized investment and reporting solutions for clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the firm to gather information necessary to make investment decisions within the various strategies.
Requirements for the Role:
- Demonstrable, relevant experience within Investment Banking, Corporate Finance or Private Equity.
- Excellent academic credentials; a Business or Financial degree is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including substantial experience in financial modelling and valuation.
- Results orientated individual, with a proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research and collaborating with others to develop solutions.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking skills, with the ability to articulate and present points of view and ideas effectively.
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in other European languages (notably German) will be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to build upon their experience in a demanding but rewarding environment.