Leading Asset Manager seeks Associate for Direct Lending team
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
A well-regarded Asset manager is looking for an Associate to join their Direct Lending team. London based. Experience from the below is all interesting: 1. Asset Management 2. Debt Advisory 3. Leverage Finance
Our is a specialist asset manager with over 30 years’ history. They manage a substantial amount of assets in third party funds and proprietary capital, principally in closed end funds. Our strategy is to grow our specialist asset management activities to deliver increased shareholder value. Our goal is to generate income and consistently high returns whilst protecting against investment downside for our fund investors. We seek to achieve this through our expertise in investing across the capital structure. We combine flexible capital solutions, local access and insight with an entrepreneurial approach to give us a competitive edge in our markets. We operate across four asset classes - corporate, capital market, real asset and secondary investments. In addition to growing existing strategies, we are committed to innovation and pioneering new strategies across these asset classes where the market opportunity exists to deliver value to our fund investors and increase shareholder value.
The Direct Lending team consist of 12 employees, based out of London, Paris and Frankfurt, with our head office being London. The Senior Direct Partners (SDP) team was founded in 2011 and is one of Europe’s largest direct lending managers. The team is currently finishing investment of the second vintage fund and will shortly be raising their third fund, which is predicted to be larger. SDP’s investment focus is self-originated, self-arranged middle market senior loans of between Eur75-400m.
This role will be involved in execution of direct and club (i.e. non-syndicated) senior loan investments. It is a pan-European role based out of the London office.
- Complete the analysis, modelling and evaluation of proposals, performing sensitivity analysis and benchmarks
- Assist with in-house industry and company investment research for the European market in general, and the UK in particular
- Provide assistance and guidance during the initial screening stage of an investment opportunity
- Contribute to the production of the 1 pager/peer review document, new deal summary and investment papers
- Sector monitoring and analysis
- Lead and own internal due diligence work stream for senior management
- Liaise and work with external advisors whenever necessary
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of due diligence reports
- Liaise with external consultants, auditors and lawyers as instructed
- Follow up on legal documents/agreements and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders
- Work with internal groups to monitor ongoing investments
- Assist with legal documentation and existing
- Assist with marketing materials and case studies etc.