- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 17 Oct 17
Lead UX Researcher
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Schroders’ forward thinking Digital division is seeking to grow their very successful User Experience Team with their first UX Researcher. The UX team operate similar to an internal agency within Schroders and have large exposure across the business.
Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations & Data, Distribution & Product; Corporate and Digital.
SXD Group (Schroders Experience Design Group)
SXD Group (Schroders Experience Design Group) are Schroders first internal design group focused on driving creativity across the firm. We design and prototype smarter services that improve the Schroders experience for both customers and employees. We serve as a consultancy to the Schroders organisation, working on selected short term strategic engagements. Our team members come from a variety of backgrounds including Fine Art, Social Science, Interaction Design, Service Design and Computer Science. We are dedicated to beautiful, usable and valuable service experiences. We believe in getting customer validation early, verifying with real data, but also running with our gut. The small team includes UX Design, Service Design, Research and Prototyping, but everyone owns our vision and values, include the need to build the right thing in the first place and ensure that it's polished and beautiful when it’s done.
The Design Researcher will play a key role in shaping the research practice within the Experience Design Group at Schroders. You will add a highly skilled, human-centric component to our team, leading a range of activities such as discovering user needs, developing innovative service ideas, collaborating across teams and stakeholder groups, and testing design concepts before bringing them to market.
Your days will be spent embarking on research projects, learning about user behaviour, and working side by side with designers, prototypers, and strategists, managers, to create a shared, vision for the future of Schroders as a service.
Your main focus will be providing Schroders with the tools and self-awareness it needs tocontinuously grow in knowledge about our customers and employees, generating actionable data. The Continuous Insights service you define for Schroders, and the engagement model with regions and teams in the organisation will help facilitate a culture in which empathy
Role of a UX Researcher
- Design User Research proposals with clear hypothesis, scope, audience and
- Conduct contextual user interviews, synthesising insights, delivering Insight Reports
through contexts most likely to inform decision making
- Propose and implement a quantitative research methodology which harnesses existing data relating to user behaviour, reports this in a manner able to drive prioritisation of work and created a continuous feedback loop that seeks to refine the quality of data sourced.
- Deliver Continuous User Insights as a Shared Service to the Schroders organisation, enabling decision makers to better empathise and understand user behaviour and review proposals on how to improve service experience
- Lead the introduction of a new Usability Evaluation service for SCRUM teams and Product Owners to iteratively test solutions, in a timely manner, using methods ranging from Guerrilla testing to more formal Lab based-studies.
- Work in partnership with Strategists, Experience Designers, Prototypers, Service Designers to evaluate experience design concepts from early sketches to fully functional prototypes.
- Conduct Desk Research to identify trends in user behaviour within the finance sector and across a range of other sectors and find creative approaches to feed insights back into the Digital Group.
- Manage User Research requests from across the Schroders organisation, proactively proposing mechanisms by which demands can be met across Schroders key global offices - utilising agencies and training internal individuals who show potential.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, marketing and other groups
Someone who wants to influence your own development and the culture of an organisation in a time of considerable change. You’re looking for a organisation where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and regions, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no-illusions about the challenge of change, but resolute to embody the change you want to see in a team of design-thinkers and doers who will support one another.
You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors / Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, or similarly relevant field (Master’s/ Doctorate preferred)
- Experience running UI/UX or User Studies measuring both qualitative and quantitative data
- Energetic and responsive personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Extreme attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- Strong awareness of both Service Design and User Experience Design and able to plan research studies that can gather insights appropriate to each.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, hands-on and creative environment
- Working knowledge of organisation culture
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- Enthusiasm in utilising a diverse set of approaches to creative problem solving
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.